How to Use Mobile Devices to Make Money for Your Small business
More people these days are accessing the web from their mobile devices, and if you’re not at least mapping out a mobile strategy for your small business to get a bit of this, you’re leaving a lot of money for another business. Over fifty percent of all local searches are executed on mobile devices of some sort. People are doing business on the fly, shopping and price comparing on the way to a retail store. You simply need to ensure it’s yours! Listed below are five ways to make it happen!
- Having a mobile ready site – Making certain your website is able to be viewed on any mobile device is a mandatory first step. There is something of an art to designing the mobile version of your website, because the emphasis here is on speed. It is estimated you’ve got about five seconds for your site to load on a mobile device or they’re on to greener pastures. Make sure your site loads fast and looks great! According to Google polling, 52% of users say a bad mobile experience causes them to be a lot less likely to engage with a business.
- Offer deals, coupons and incentives to readers – 29% of web consumers have indicated a desire to download a coupon using their mobile device. Be sure to take them up on this!
- Buy inexpensive mobile advertising – Mobile paid ads are still the new kid on the block, but there is a substantial amount of opportunity using these. Pricing is still quite low, and you can get a ton of targeted traffic to your site in a short time.
- Create a loyalty program – Using a mobile platform to initiate a loyalty program is an concept that is no longer just used by restaurants. You can create rabid fans by having a simple, easy to use digital loyalty card app operates entirely on their mobile device. A fantastic way to reward regular customers.
- Capitalize on mobile email and SMS – Mobile email is now being opened at a rate of 41%, and is on schedule to surpass the PC by the end of 2013, as outlined by MarketingLand.com. SMS (texting) has an incredible 95% open rate. Those two statistics alone ought to be incentive enough to get your business heavily involved in the mobile side of things!