Facebook Ads – The Image is the Thing!
Utilizing Facebook ads generally is one of the most expedient and effective ad platforms for obtaining visitors to your sites, offers, and for various other purposes for your website. A Facebook Ad campaign is a snap to put together, has great demographic targeting tools, and can be up in minutes. One thing to understand is that the answer to having the best results and return on investment (ROI) is via the use of the most relevant and effective images available. It’s been shown that imagery is 70-89 percent of the success or failure of a Facebook ad campaign. Let’s examine some useful tips to get the most from your Facebook ad images.
5 Great Image Tips for Facebook Ads
Creating an ad that makes a real impact and statement for your product or services is a matter of standing out from the rest. Listed below are five ways to do just that!
- Use high quality stock images – Since your images are going to end up very small, make certain you’re purchasing from a reputable resource. Fotolia and iStockPhoto are two of our most favorite. The XS size of available images is going to be fine, as even these are cut down to the size of a postage stamp (110×80 pixels).
- Crop your photos to deliver maximum impact – Crop your photos tightly to focus on the most important aspect of your ad. Cropping faces from the eyes to mouth is the most impactful technique for riveting people images. Also, make sure that your model’s eyes have life. When utilizing product images, get close!
- Employ eye-catching colors – Using bright, visually arresting pics can do wonders for your clickthrough rates. Too many people opt to blend in with the pervasive Facebook blue, and therefore consign their ads to a form of “banner blindness”.
- Choose the most attractive images you can find! – Unless you are going for a certain statement, select the most attractive photos you can get. People are attracted to beauty. Period. This is not to say that sometimes beauty can’t be trumped by cute, funny or outrageous.
- Employ humor if you can – Everyone loves a good laugh. If you have the opportunity to inject a giggle into your ad, don’t pass it up! This will definitely result in a higher clickthrough rate!
For some great illustrations of these ad-image principles in action, check out this great article at Search Engine Watch.