How Does Your Email Look on Various Mobile Platforms?
Email marketing is tricky enough without us making the job even more difficult. With mobile email open rates increasing quickly, it can be a virtual death sentence for your business should you ignore optimizing your marketing emails for small screens.
Mobile email opens are exploding!
According to a study by Knotice.com, mobile opens accounted for 36 percent of all email opens in early 2012. Also, it’s by far (by 74 percent!) the preferred method of communication by online adults. And it’s not simply phones on one platform either. ReturnPath reports that iPhones make up 59 percent of the open rate share, iPads 26 percent, Androids 14 percent and Windows phones and devices less than 1 percent. The takeaway here is that it’s not simply phones, and not necessarily out and about.
Here are some tips for optimizing your emails for mobile
So just how can you go about optimizing your marketing emails? Don’t fear, we won’t leave you in the lurch! Here are a few must-do tips that help ensure your messaging appears the way you’ve intended it to!
- If you would like your emails read, especially on a mobile device, keep them short and sweet. Create engaging and appealing headlines and content that keep the user hooked, as it’s extremely easy to delete an email with a mobile device!
- Keep image files small, as large files take considerably longer to load, you don’t want people leaving before they even get a chance to see what you’ve got!
- Keep your font sizes inside your main content at least 14, and headlines around 30. Anything below 13 will get automatically changed by the iPhone, and could destroy your formatting.
- Make sure any calls to action are big enough for easy tapping. The average adult fingertip measures around 45 pixels, so bear that in mind.
- Test your emails on different platforms before sending them out. Better safe than sorry!
Optimizing your emails is not an option if you’re trying to win with email. You need to get on this today, as you can be sure your competitors will!