8 Ways to Instantly Improve Your Facebook Page
If you’re wondering the best way to improve your Facebook page, I’d like to give you eight solid methods for fast improvement that won’t cost anything but a bit of time. These tips will not only enable you to optimize for Facebook and Google search better, but also lay the foundation for better social interaction, which is where the money is nowadays.
- Commit to Facebook – Facebook takes some effort, and a bit of time. Many marketers who have set up a Facebook page for their business soon abandon it, which also makes a statement about their company. Develop a rock-solid commitment to post updates and content regularly, and also to build relationships with those who are following you. Otherwise, it’s a waste of time.
- Create a Custom URL – Make sure to get a custom URL for your page. The one it comes with is not likely to aid with search engine optimization (SEO) or for anyone looking for you.
- Don’t Repeat Your Tweets – Twitter is fantastic, but don’t make us live through things twice. Be unique with what you post on your Facebook page. Your added effort will be rewarded.
- Keep Updates Short and Sweet – Like it or not, folks are into short these days. There’s a time and place for longer material, but generally aim to keep your posts short – 150 characters or less.
- Deliver Lots of Awesome Content – Creating content that folks are able to use and are discussing will always be the #1 mission for your page.
- Engage with Your Audience – Encourage conversation, post great photos and shareable content, hold contests, ask questions, anything to get the conversation going!
- Be Responsive to Problems – Take anyone that complains seriously, and be proactive responding to anyone who asks questions. It is possible to head off a lot of problems this way.
- Post Photos – According to Facebook, posts including a photo album, picture or video generate about 180%, 120% and 100% more engagement than text-only updates, respectively.
Using these recommendations will give you a great head start toward making your Facebook page a subject of conversation!